Re: [civilwarwest] Cincy Gazette

  • Brian Hogan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2003
      Kevin,

      Y.S. was William S.Furay, reporter for the Cincinnati Gazette. There is
      quite a bit of information about him in "The North Reports the Civil
      War," by J.Cutler Andrews.
      He was a very prolific reporter of the Western campaigns, and I've read
      a number of his reports written while he was with BrigGen O.M.Mitchel's
      3rd Division, Army of the Ohio, in Huntsville,AL in 1862.

      badger

      On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 10:52 AM, thecoys@... wrote:

      > Dave Powell, Dave Smith, anybody,
      >       'Y.S' was a correspondent for the Cincinnati Gazette during the
      > war.
      > Does anyone know what the initials Y.S. stood for?  Who was Y.S?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kevin S. Coy

      <image.tiff>