Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Col. George St Leger Grenfell

  • Brian Hogan
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 8, 2003
      You will find a lot of information about this man's experiences as a
      Confederate spy in the book "Confederate Agent", by James D.Horan,
      Crown Publishers,NY, 1960.
      I haven't read it for some time but I recall that he was involved in
      the attempt to free Confederate prisoners held at Camp Douglas in
      Chicago, and wound up in the POW camp on Dry Tortugas Island.

      badger