HOOKING Re: Lunch after ordering an attack

  • P. B. Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
      And how about we leave it at that?   There does come a time when argument becomes so circular, so pointless and the ground so thoroughly covered and re-covered that it seems to me members should simply say "We disagree." and post no further on the subject.  IMO we've reached that point long ago on a number of subjects.  I've seen no opinions changed.  I see no point in continuing...especially if it generates the FALSE impression that either of the moderators actually enjoy seeing the number of posts increase when people argue.  IMO, nothing could be further from the truth.

      Concerning a post earlier where yet again a member stated something he clearly knew would not be acceptable to the moderators...that was an unwise decision on his part.  If you think something should NOT be posted, it would be wise to follow your instincts and NOT post it.  That member has been unsubscribed.  As I continue to work my way through all of the email which has accumulated during my 3 day absence I may find others who warrant that same action.  No one here has favored status.  Many people are warned privately when they tread on thin ice.  Those who continue to act in a manner that is not in compliance with the request for cordiality on the board are unsubscribed.

      If any of you wish to go further on this thread, please do so by private email.  Should you wish to discuss or comment upon my decision to terminate the thread, please do that by private email as well.

      Pat Jones, co-moderator CWWT
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
        I do think it's unfair for the moderators to broadcast their version
        of moderating practices while shutting off responses. No one's above
        public criticism.

        Wouldn't it be better simply to hook these threads, period?

        Just my 2 cents. :)
      • Dick Weeks
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
          Nope. When a thread is hooked everyone deserves to know the reason. It is
          not a requirement that they agree with the reason, just that they know it.
          If one feels a response is necessary after a thread is hooked, private email
          works just fine. .

          Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
          http://www.civilwarhome.com