Re:Thomas Overated or Underrated?

  • Jack Ehmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Genesis,

      Very astute obsevation. If I could take it one step further.

      Grant's generalship comes from a school that to me states, "I refuse
      to think of failure; I will put all of my energy on success. The
      enemy is just as afraid of me as I am of him. I will keep the
      intiative and wait for him to make a mistake that I can take
      advantage of".

      In other words, he was a risk taker. The more the risk, the greater
      the potential benefits. Sounds like another general in that forbidden
      theatre.

      Which style is right? Depends upon the individual. One style was
      right for Thomas; the other style was right for Grant. As far as my
      preference, I'll take a little of both, thank you.

      Jack Ehmer

      <snip