Re: N.B. Forrest

  • hank9174
    Message 1 of 103 , Aug 1, 2003
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "hartshje" <Hartshje@a...> wrote:
      > Mark,
      >
      > I am not sure where Hank is getting his 10,000 number.

      It was just a guess...
    • DPowell334@AOL.COM
      Message 103 of 103 , Aug 4, 2003
        In a message dated 8/4/2003 10:51:45 AM Central Standard Time, clarkc@... writes:

        Hindsight is 20-20, but I wonder if using 4800 men, or more, to delay
        or stop 4000 is good command management by the Confederates?

        That is of course, relative. It depends what other missions those men were needed for. Since they did not really execute any other missions on the 20th, I think that stopping Granger was a viable plan.

        Dave Powell