RE: [civilwarwest] Re: AMERICANS ALL

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
      This guy is really getting tedious.
      -----Original Message-----
      From: slippymississippi [mailto:slippymississippi@...]
      Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 11:48 AM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: AMERICANS ALL

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Steven Russell
      <lakeman12002@y...> wrote:
      > Cannot we admit...even amongst ourselves; that the Confed. soldier
      did NOT neccesarily fight for the plantation owners to keep their
      slaves? And most importantly, that the Confed. dead were still
      AMERICANS ALL?

      > Lincoln said, "We cannot escape history."  Seems so many want to
      alter that history. Walk away from our history. View our history as
      something we need be ashamed.

      > I will NOT be ashamed of my soldier ancestors on both sides in
      America's most difficult conflict and era. I will be proud. They were
      honorable, and brave, and are due my respect for having stood up for
      their beliefs enough to die for them.

      Any chance you'll stop x-posting into this chatroom anytime soon?  Or
      should I trot out my causus belli library and smite thee.