Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Unknown Soldiers

  • ACES_DUGOUT
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hi Y'all
      Old battlefield tokens, the coins were for the eyes and the mouth.
       Also for the boatman Charon.
       Various cultures and times have giving us these types of items.
       As to what is good or proper that is up to you as a member of the human race but i agree please no disfigurement with paint or chisel.
      The odd shading of the stone with your paper and pencil is dandy and a time honored gift for the   token, but it has been a great gift for teaching.
       Thanks to all who remember the unsung.
       "The great name who falls is praised but in the minority"
      And for all the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers is the token for all of the unknown.
       Please if you can remember them in your area and place a flag over the bodies who served and were lost with out hearth or home to mourn.
      Yours in Service
      James Acerra