Re: [civilwarwest] Forrest [Franklin-Nashville]

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29 5:07 PM
      In a message dated 7/29/2003 1:56:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, DPowell334@... writes:

      I do think that Wheeler should have been replaced much earlier, when Johnston took over the army in December, 1863.

      Dave Powell

      I agree with you on this one Dave, however, I doubt that JEJ would have ever received Jeff Davis's approval to replace him.  Like Hood, Wheeler was keeping JD posted on JEJ and also like Hood, put his own two cents worth in.

      JEJ