Re: [civilwarwest] Re: How the Yahoo Groups Works

  • Dick Weeks
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2003
      Hi Jack,

      Sorry I had to miss the muster. However, Chancellorsville is a little
      closer to home so I can make that one with no problem. I was down there a
      year or so ago for a few days on a muster with another group. Had a great
      time but I can assure you, "it ain't no walking tour." :-)

      I agree about the cookie being set. What I was referring to is when you set
      up the account you have to tell the program what email you will be using for
      which group. One you do that, when you sign in it knows what the email is
      for each group you belong to. I belong to three groups on Yahoo using two
      different email addresses and have no problem.

      By the way, for any of you folks that have a large extended family such as I
      do (I have a boat load of aunts, uncles, and cousins) setting up a Yahoo
      group is an excellent way to keep in touch with them all. I set one up for
      my family and got most to join. So now we keep in touch with all the birth
      announcements, birthdays, travel plans (in case someone is going to be close
      to another member of the family), and just general family happenings. It's
      just a dandy system.

      Well, that's enough about Yahoo. If any of you have any problems with the
      group just notify me by private email and I will see if I can help.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com