Introduction

  • James Fullmer
    Message 1 of 157 , Sep 19, 2000
      Hi. My name is James Fullmer and I am a freshman in
      high school. I am very interested in the Civil War and
      I recently found out that 2 of my ancestors fought in
      the 34th VA Cavalry, 2 in the 37th VA Infantry, and 6,
      including a Captain, in the 63rd VA, meaning that I am
      eligible to be a member of Sons of Confederate
      Veterans. Are any of you members of SCV? Since I am
      only 14 I hope you all will bear with me.
      James Fullmer

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Joseph
      Message 157 of 157 , Nov 18, 2006
        Hello

        Well since I am new to this group or have yet to post anything in
        here I wanted to introduce myself and give a little background info.
        My name is Joseph, am 24 and live in GA. I have studied the American
        Civil War since I was 12 and have been a reenactor for 7 years. I
        mainly portray a Western Theater Confederate or Federal soldier but
        do the occasional Eastern theater thing and have to do any Tans-
        Mississippi portrayals. I don't wish to discuss my personal life
        too much on a public forum but feel free to PM through Yahoo
        Messenger if you like to talk about that. As for as my
        reenacting "career" goes I am more what you would call "progressive"
        since I am always striving to better my impression to educate and
        better represent my ancestors. I have attended the gamut of events
        from your typical "corndog fest" up to the "stitch counter" stuff. I
        am easy enough to get along with and will talk to just about anyone
        and love to help anyone who wishes to be more accurate in their ACW
        impressions. Just say HI sometime if you want to chat. Here are my
        units I belong too

        http://www.geocities.com/twelfthgeorgia/12th1.html These guys are
        mainstream/progressive with more going to the campaign side of
        things. I currently serve as a Sergeant within the group. We are
        also sponsoring an event, if you are in GA(or anywhere) we invite
        you to attend.

        http://www.geocities.com/joey_gangler/Flatlanders_Mess.html This is
        my "mess" company which I started a few years ago. We are all
        progressive minded and always on the look out for that event that
        will let us better experience what our ancestors went through.

        Y.M.O.S.
        Joseph