Re: New file uploaded to civilwarwest

  • slippymississippi
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 8, 2003
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "moenwanda"
      <all_for_the_union@u...> wrote:
      > Hello again Slippy,
      >
      > I am not familiar with the term "N.F.B." Please clarify.
      > I get the impression you disagree with my numbers.

      "Nathan Bedford Forrest."

      You're using numbers in the actual battles. The whole point was
      arriving "firstest with the mostest." I would imagine if you "do the
      math" for N.B.F. for the battles in which he was the commander, you'd
      probably come up with much higher ratio than even Grant. But that's
      the whole idea.

      When in reality, in many of their maneuvers, both Grant and N.B.F.
      were outnumbered by the enemy within their departments.
    • civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 2, 2008
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the civilwarwest
        group.

        File : /Confederate Icons & Useful Files/The Order of Confederate Colors.doc
        Uploaded by : confederateheraldry <lostbutfound3@...>
        Description : Might our ancestors have used a different order of colors?

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        confederateheraldry <lostbutfound3@...>