Re: McPhereson Historian

  • Steven Russell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2003
      Hi, all.

      Yesterday I participated in a headston dedication for a Mixter, 2nd. Minn. artillery veteran, in St. Peter, Minnesota. The Man had never had a headstone before. Was quite inspiring and moving.

      Later, chatted with a local high school history teacher in St. Peter. He says he knew this McPhereson who won Pulitzer Prize for literature for civil war book he wrote.

      He also said McPhereson was quite an athlete at St. Peter as well. That he thought he would only fill up the sports trophy case, rather than a library book case.

      Best regards, Steven C. Russell

      Do you Yahoo!?