Re: [civilwarwest] Re:Battle of Richmond

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2003
      In a message dated 6/12/2003 5:20:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, slippymississippi@... writes:

      Dude.  Better watch it, wandering around, taking pictures of U.S.
      Army facilities.  You'll find yourself on an all-expense-paid
      vacation to Guantanamo Bay.

      Slip,
      I took added protection by saying a special prayer at this church.

      This is the Mt.Zion Christian Church that was used as a Union field hospital during the battle of Richmond.  Although it was a Federal hospital, it treated both Union and Confederate wounded.  It is about 4 miles South of Richmond on Highway 421.  Across the road (421) is the US Army Depot property which was the main part of the battlefield.   <g>

      JEJ