Scalawags and Carpetbaggers

  • jeffrmarks@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003

      I'm reading a good book from LSU press called Scalawags. It talks about all the influx of new people to Southern governments after the end of the war. Southern Union sympathizers were one group that came to power in the Southern states after the end of the war... along with freed slaves and carpetbaggers. Good read so far..

      Jeff

      Jeffrey Marks
      www.jeffreymarks.com
      A Good Soldier, the 2nd US Grant mystery, February 2003
      Atomic Renaissance, Delphi Books, October 2003