Re: [civilwarwest] National reconciliation

  • David Kowalski
    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 2, 2003
      Wilson was elected from New Jersey (Governor).  He aggressively used connections to a lot of southern states in his campaign.  However, his NJ and Princeton connections were more important.  By the way, Cleveland was elected from NY (also Governor) but was born in NJ.

      On a more modern note, MIchigander Gerald Ford was born in Nebraska (as Leslie Lynch King, no less).

      David
      "Scott K. Williams" <mocsa@...> wrote:
      President Woodrow Wilson rolled cartridges for the Confederate Army at the church where his father was pastor.

      Scott K. Williams

      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 9, 2003
        Seems to me that the James gang wasn't too crazy about Ames, either. The principal target of their last raid was actually his person!