civilwarhome.com is back!

  • Dick Weeks
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      I am very sorry to have been off the net as long as I was ( I didn't realize that as many people in this group use the site as they do), but as I explained before it was simply a matter of economics with me.  I decided to put it back up a little early so  the last minute students could use it this weekend.

      By the way, I put up a new section during my "downtime" that some might be interested in.  While rummaging through the ORs and other Civil War era documents I have found a lot of words that I really didn't know what they meant.  For instance, "abatis, barbette, fascine, etc."  Since my military career had more to do with the "wild blue yonder" than things infantry, I had to look each of these beauties up.  I have to believe that some of the folks that research the Civil War might just be in the same boat I was so I made a new area to the site.  I will be adding to it as I stumble on words that I really don't know what they mean.  Here's the link:

      If any of you folks have found words that you think might belong on the list, send them over (private email)  with the definition and I will add them.

      Now back to your regular programming.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com