Re: [civilwarwest] U.S. Army dog tent question

  • Riley Ewen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 7:57 AM
      Are you a reenactor? If you are, don't get dog tent poles! They were rarely issued and it was just an encumbrance to the soldiers. If want to find out more about them just becuase (which is very OK), than buy a copy of The Federal Civil War Shelter Tent by Frederick C. Gaede. Also to find out information without spending money you could do a search on the internet, or go to www.haversackdepot.com or www.cjdaley.com and they have some info on this (they both sell these poles) its good info to know even if it was rare though.
      RE

      Martin Schreader <mschreader@...> wrote:
      I was wondering if there was any source on the Internet for finding the
      specifications for the regulation tent poles used with a U.S. Army dog tent
      during the Civil War. Specifically, I am looking for information on the
      lengths of the poles, and how they fit together. Any help would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Your ob'd serv't;
      Martin Schreader

      Do you Yahoo!?