Re: [civilwarwest] REMOVE ME FROM ALL YOUR LISTS!!

  • Dick Weeks
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2003
      I thought this email might cause some problems so let me show you what I sent to her via private email.

      Dear Lynn,

      I am very sorry that you received messages that you did not want to.  However, I can assure you that had you either followed the directions on Yahoo for unsubscribing, emailed me personally as the list owner, or simply posted an unsubscribe message to the group, you would have been taken off the list immediately.  This is not the 3rd time you have sent a message, or the 2nd time you have sent a message, it is the 1st time that you have sent a message to this group requesting to be unsubscribed.  I don't know what group you sent them to but I can assure you it was not this one.  My email downloads every ten minutes and the moment I saw yours I took care of the problem less than a minute later.  I have only one list and that is the Western Theater Discussion Group.  I can assure you that you will receive no more from that one.

      Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience that you may have suffered.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com
      Right now the group has about 300 members and every week we gain a few and lose a few.  I do not want anyone in the group to receive mail that they don't won't to.  Some join the group and have no expectation of the amount of mail they will receive.  Others are very aware of the mail but do not know what to do to get out once they have joined.  I just want to say that if there is anyone in the group that does not want to be here, there are some very simple solutions.  You can follow the directions for unsubscribing which are clearly shown on the Civilwarwest Group page, or you can send Pat or myself a private email and one of us will take care of it post haste, or you can send a message to the group and Pat or myself will take care of it.  The bottom line is that if you do not want to be a member, the last thing Pat or myself want is for you to be a member.  Now back to your regular programming.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com