[civilwarwest] Re: POLL: Turning point in the Civil War P.S.

  • Nonums@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 1999
      Dear Karen:
      Please allow the imposition of a post script to my earlier note. Eureka,
      it came to me out of the blue at dinner:
      Chicamaugua - classic case in point. Roscreans moves a whole doggone
      Division out of the Union line and Longstreet's corps charges that hole at
      just the right time precipitating the retreat to Chattanooga, A great
      maneuver by Bragg ? Hardly.
      Just some thoughts I hope you enjoyed. Look forward to yours in return.
      Jack
    • Nonums@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999
          Post Scripts are always allowed. I often find that eating bring about
          wonderful revalations.(Though I have none to share right now.)A lot of the
          war, I think, happened by accident. No one can plan the next step when you
          don't know what your enemy will do. So it takes the quick thoughts of good
          Generals and quick action to gain or lose important ground. Unfortunatly,
          towards the end of the war. The South seemed to lose there ability to do
          that.
          Karen Hall

          On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:30:18 EDT, Nonums@... wrote:

          > Dear Karen:
          > Please allow the imposition of a post script to my earlier note.
          Eureka,
          > it came to me out of the blue at dinner:
          > Chicamaugua - classic case in point. Roscreans moves a whole doggone

          > Division out of the Union line and Longstreet's corps charges that hole at

          > just the right time precipitating the retreat to Chattanooga, A great
          > maneuver by Bragg ? Hardly.
          > Just some thoughts I hope you enjoyed. Look forward to yours in
          return.
          > Jack

          > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/civilwarwest

        • Karen Hall
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999
            Post Scripts are always allowed. I often find that eating bring about
            wonderful revalations.(Though I have none to share right now.)A lot of the
            war, I think, happened by accident. No one can plan the next step when you
            don't know what your enemy will do. So it takes the quick thoughts of good
            Generals and quick action to gain or lose important ground. Unfortunatly,
            towards the end of the war. The South seemed to lose there ability to do
            that.
            Karen Hall

            On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:30:18 EDT, Nonums@... wrote:

            > Dear Karen:
            > Please allow the imposition of a post script to my earlier note.
            Eureka,
            > it came to me out of the blue at dinner:
            > Chicamaugua - classic case in point. Roscreans moves a whole doggone

            > Division out of the Union line and Longstreet's corps charges that hole at

            > just the right time precipitating the retreat to Chattanooga, A great
            > maneuver by Bragg ? Hardly.
            > Just some thoughts I hope you enjoyed. Look forward to yours in
            return.
            > Jack

            > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/civilwarwest

          • The Coys
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999
              A fantastic example of a what if....compounded by the fact Woods had an axe to
              grind. Garfield had political aspirations and Dana was.....well Dana was just a
              jerk. :)

              Your obedient servant,

              Kevin S. Coy

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999