Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Death on the Mississippi

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 74 , May 2, 2003
      ISTM that there was a lot of disease and dysentary when Grant tried digging a new canal (which was a dismal failure) to bypass around Vicksburg's guns on the river.  I can't remember who came up with that brainy idea, but it wasted alot of men, energy, and most important, time.

      JEJ
    • Will
      Message 74 of 74 , May 6, 2003
        Thanks Dave.