Re: A different perspective

  • hank9174
    Message 1 of 74 , May 1, 2003
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "bjer50010" <bjewell@i...> wrote:

      > I wouldn't be quite so harsh ;-), but you have a point. Grant
      didn't
      > seem to be a guy to sit around doing nothing. And given some of
      the
      > problems he encountered it would have been easy enough for him to
      > complain.

      I'm not much on the 21st century phsycho-analysis of 19th century
      figures, but Grant's life experience told him that sitting around and
      doing nothing lead to ruin, poverty and, for him, drink.

      Grant's life was a continuous struggle at the bottom of the socio-
      economic pyramid. To him, action was everything and complaining
      gained nothing.

      Others, such as McClellan (and perhaps Rosecrans), had life
      experiences telling them that procrastination was not such a bad
      thing and the squeaky wheel got the grease...

      HankC
    • Will
      Message 74 of 74 , May 6, 2003
        Thanks Dave.