USA commanders in Missouri

  • hank9174
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2003
      Reading Brownlee's 'Gray Ghosts of the Confederacy' I'm impressed at
      the number of Union generals that worked in Missouri.

      The lamented Lyon, Grant, Halleck, the despised Pope, Sherman,
      Schofield and Sheridan all gained valuable experience in the state.

      Schofield served 2 stints as commander of the district, before moving
      east (of here).

      HankC