Re: Incorrect information

  • walterchr2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2003
      Judging from the rather strident private e-mails I have received from
      others, including the moderator I apparently inadvertently hit upon
      someones sensitive spot. Therefore I would modify my
      previous 'tiresome' offensive message as follows-
      "This Rose practice could be characterized as `baiting' and the
      archives demonstrate that it has led many posters to distraction and
      banning."
      It should be changed to-
      "This Rose practice could be characterized as `baiting' and the
      archives, seem to me, to demonstrate that it has led many posters to
      distraction and/or self imposed exile."
      Hopefully this correction will suffice. I for one am quite willing to
      apologize to the group for being tiresome and do so profusely.
      WC

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "P. B. Jones" <jones@p...>
      wrote:
      > No, the archives do not demonstrate this at all and it's tiresome
      to see incorrect information of this nature posted to the group.

      > For the record there are only two persons BANNED from this group
      and neither incident of banning had a thing to do with Mr. Rose or
      any of his posts. There have been 3 members who removed themselves
      from the group after having been requested to cease in their personal
      attacks. They were responsible for their own behavior. Additionally
      since this group was founded in 1999 there have been at least three
      other members removed by a moderator (but not BANNED) from the list
      for their choice to make personal attacks. Some have returned under
      another name or asked for another chance and were re-instated. Some
      simply moved along.