Re: [civilwarwest] Re: A Review on Wiley Sword

  • SDE80@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 17, 2003
      In a message dated 4/17/2003 8:39:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, carlw4514@... writes:

      I must respectfully differ. I think in a matter where there is no
      proof, you make the good ol' American presumption of innocence. No
      proof either way means no conviction!
      -I do not object to the speculation, in fact I give this speculation a
      lot of weight, but can't see coming to a hard conclusion on the basis
      of "no proof but he *must have*"

      This reflects my view, too.  Historians interpret based on evidence, not speculation.

      Sam Elliott