Re: [civilwarwest] Re: AoNV vs AOT

  • LWhite64@aol.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 28 5:27 PM
      In a message dated 2/28/2003 8:13:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, james2044@... writes:

      From what I've read it was worse with the rank &flie, they hated
      him!

      Well that depends too, I have rank and file accounts that are either neutral or pro Bragg as well.  The whole view of Bragg is much much more complicated than most would believe.  I have soldier accounts from men under Anti Bragg commanders that are pro Bragg.

      I don't think that includes Cleburne as an anti, add Forrest and the
      two best commanders in the AOT were anti-Bragg.
      The likes of JK Jackson, aka Mudwall Jackson, gives the level of the
      pro-Bragg faction.

      This is also not entirely true, there were some good officers in the Pro Bragg group, Henry Clayton and EC Walthall for example.

      Lee
    • LWhite64@aol.com