John S Mosby CSA

  • B R <repair43756@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2003
      I am looking for information on John S Mosby, and his raiders,we do
      civil war re-enactments,and want to name our group after him,as my
      wifes great-great grandfather rode eith him.
      Any help would be great.
      You can e-mail me direct at repair437562yahoo.com

      Again thanks, Bruce
    • B R <repair43756@yahoo.com>
        You can e-mail me direct at repair43756yahoo.com

        Again thanks, Bruce
      • Daniel F. Giallombardo
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2003
                                          Bruce,
              You might try the following : Mosby's Memoirs,, written by John Mosby; and Mosby's Rangers by Jeffry D. Wert. You will find Mosby to be a most ethical and honorable man. Or at least I did. Hope this is of assistance----Dan

          "B R " wrote:

          I am looking for information on John S Mosby, and his raiders,we do
          civil war re-enactments,and want to name our group after him,as my
          wifes great-great grandfather rode eith him.
          Any help would be great.
          You can e-mail me direct at  repair437562yahoo.com

            Again thanks,  Bruce

          New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
          Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/GmiolB/TM

        • equus equus
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2003

            Mosby's Memoirs you can read online here: http://docsouth.unc.edu/mosby/menu.html

            For those who haven't  ever visited the site, a first rate one for primary sources concerning the South and also the war.

            Cheers from Equusland

          • B R <repair43756@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2003
              ---Thanks for the help, I will check them out Bruce