Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Book Suggestion

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 31, 2003
      In a message dated 1/30/2003 12:49:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, slippymississippi@... writes:

      I would suggest "This Terrible War."  It reads much more like a
      textbook, and, like "Battle Cry of Freedom," covers the war from
      causes to reconstruction (maybe even through redemption and beyond...
      I can't remember).

      One book I find that would be excellent in addition to Battle Cry is Two Great Rebel Armies by McMurry to give a good description on the Confederacy's thoughts on their two armies.

      JEJ