Shaking my head. :(

  • basecat1 <basecat1@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2003
      Hi all,I hope all are well.The last few weeks I have been without a computer here, butthankfully I have kept web tv here, for just such an emergency. Withthat said, I kinda wish I had not kept it...because of the dismay Ihave had here reading what has transpired of late.It amazes me, that folks who post in here, who are so knowledgeableabout the war in the west, and who have taught me a lot about whathappened out there, have decided, IMHO that it is more important togrossly violate the rules of the chat room just to have the so calledlast word. No matter what, folks who post in here are allowed tohave their opinions...and folks who disagree, are allowed to posttheir disagreements. What I don't like, and will neverunderstand...is the personal animosity that has showed it's ugly facein here lately. It's one thing to disagree with someone else's views...but it isanother thing to disagree, and in so doing, make it personal, and addthe cheap shots that has been occurring in here lately.I don't know how many of you have been a moderator on a discussionboard, or a chat room. I have and am still one, and it is athankless job, but a job that must be done. The folks who moderatethis room deserve better then what they have been receiving oflate...and this disappoints me to no end. What really ticks meoff...The moderators of this board have constantly posted what willnot be tolerated...and yet some members continue to not acknowledgethe rules of this group. And then..after having read the rules, theygive the moderators hell...which I just don't understand.By all means, if you disagree...do so without the vitrioliccomments....and if need be...and you must reply with vitrioliccomments...e-mail that person privately..It is not that hard to do. I for one am tired of the potshots taken at the moderators...andagain, I ask, put yourselves in their shoes, as they are justfollowing the rules of the board.Regards from the Garden State,Steve Basic