Recent Updates to the Online Archives for Terry's Texas Rangers

  • Troy Groves
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hello all.
      I hope you had a pleasant and safe holiday season. The Online Archives
      for Terry's Texas Rangers continues to grow and expand on an almost daily
      basis.

      One of the last month's highlights include a report from an 1863 ordnance
      inspection of Wharton's Brigade. Copies of this document were very
      generously shared with us from the private collection of one of the
      website's visitors and As far as I know has not been previously published.
      It is a real treasure and will surely be much appreciated.

      That being said here is a list of all the new additions to the Online
      Archives for Terry's Texas Rangers in the last month. As always you can find
      links directly to these pages on the What's New Page at
      www.TerrysTexasRangers.org

      Additions during December 2002

      Letter of B. F. Batchelor, December 1862
      Written to his wife from near Nolansville, TN.

      Official Reports - January 9, 1863
      Dispatch in which Braxton Brag summarizes recent Cavalry operations.

      Inspection of Wharton's Brigade, April 1863
      Report by Cpt. Rawls, Inspector of Ordnance for Cavalry.

      Letter by Thomas Horan, March 1865
      A member of the 65th Indiana Cavalry recounts his capture by Texas
      Rangers on January 24, 1865.

      The Last Roll: Capt. John P. Burkhart
      Obituary from Confederate Veteran Magazine, March 1909.

      John Haynie, of the Eighth Texas
      Letter to Confederate Veteran Magazine, June 1909

      The Last Roll: Jerry Ryan
      Obituary from Confederate Veteran Magazine, October 1909 .

      Inquiries for and by Veterans
      Regarding Sgt. Standifer, sent to Confederate Veteran Magazine,
      December 1909

      The Sword in the Mountains
      Book Review from Confederate Veteran Magazine, February 1911.

      Brave George Barnhart Zimpelman (photo)
      Tribute by JM Claiborne from Confederate Veteran Magazine, March 1911

      The Last Roll: Samuel Kitchens Woodward.
      Obituary from Confederate Veteran Magazine, June 1911

      The Last Roll: Judge Stephen Chenault
      Obituary from Confederate Veteran Magazine, September 1911

      The Last Roll: Col. C. L. Morgan of Company
      Obituary from Confederate Veteran Magazine, November 1924

      The Defense of Atlanta
      Article from Battles and Leaders of the Civil War, Vol. 4, by General
      Hood.

      The Battle of Bentonville
      Article from Battles and Leaders of the Civil War, Vol. 4, by General
      Hampton.

      Joseph H. Andrews
      A biographical sketch by Ernest Mae Seaholm

      ROSTER UPDATES:
      Joseph H Andrews
      Daniel Cherry Pain
      Troy Groves
      Online Archive for Terry's Texas Rangers
      http://www.TerrysTexasRangers.org
      "Our blankets are hardly laid down before we are ordered to saddle
      up." -Ranger GL Macmurphy