Re: Wiley Sword

  • Dave Smith <dmsmith001@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003
      The problem is that the book is published by Morningside Press, which
      is a small press in Dayton, Ohio run by Bob and Mary Younger. If
      you've ever attended a Midwest CWRT conference or a Jerry Russell
      conference, you've doubtless seen Bob there.

      There are significant finanicial and operational concerns for a small
      publisher in dealing with wholesaler companies like Ingram Books (who
      supply the B&N's, Joseph Best's, etc of the world), and Bob simply
      deals in retail catalogue sales, as well as Eastern National (NPS
      bookstores).

      Bob's website for Morningside is another good source for his books as
      well.

      Dave

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003
        I believe you're right, Sam.

        It's not a matter of exclusivity, but as I pointed out before, a
        matter of distribution choices.

        Morningside's Web site, BTW, is at:

        http://www.morningsidebooks.com/

        Dave

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, SDE80@a... wrote:
        > In a message dated 12/31/02 4:20:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        > Aurelie1999@a... writes:
        >

        > > I do believe the reason is that the Shiloh bookstore retains all
        > > distribution rights to the revised edition. Its the only place
        it is sold.

        > I don't think that's right. Seems like I recall seeing it at
        Chickamauga's
        > bookstore. Lee White, don't they have it there?
        >
        > Sam Elliott
      • Daniel Moran
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003

          I’ve got a copy on my shelf here, however, strangely enough, I bought it at Pittsburg Landing back in 1987.  Can’t be much help.  Can’t you get it from Amazon?

          I do believe the reason is that the Shiloh bookstore retains all distribution rights to the revised edition.  Its the only place it is sold.

          I don't think that's right.  Seems like I recall seeing it at Chickamauga's bookstore.  Lee White, don't they have it there?

          Sam Elliott

        • tmix
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003

            I do not believe so. tm

          • hank9174 <clarkc@missouri.edu>
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
              abebooks.com has been invaluable for recently adding books to my
              library. Classics, newer editions and hard-to-find volumes are all
              there...

              HankC

              --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Moran" <moxley1@e...>
              wrote:
              > I've got a copy on my shelf here, however, strangely enough, I
              bought it
              > at Pittsburg Landing back in 1987. Can't be much help. Can't you
              get
              > it from Amazon?

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=241773.2725424.4169802.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=17
              05

              126278:HM/A=1389613/R=0/*http:/www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt/text/0,,HGTV
              _3
              > 936_5799,FF.html> HGTV Dream Home Giveaway

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=241773.2725424.4169802.1925585/D=egr
              ou