Re: [civilwarwest] Wiley Sword

  • SDE80@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003
      In a message dated 12/31/02 4:20:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aurelie1999@... writes:

      I do believe the reason is that the Shiloh bookstore retains all distribution rights to the revised edition.  Its the only place it is sold.

      I don't think that's right.  Seems like I recall seeing it at Chickamauga's bookstore.  Lee White, don't they have it there?

      Sam Elliott
    • Dave Smith <dmsmith001@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003
        The problem is that the book is published by Morningside Press, which
        is a small press in Dayton, Ohio run by Bob and Mary Younger. If
        you've ever attended a Midwest CWRT conference or a Jerry Russell
        conference, you've doubtless seen Bob there.

        There are significant finanicial and operational concerns for a small
        publisher in dealing with wholesaler companies like Ingram Books (who
        supply the B&N's, Joseph Best's, etc of the world), and Bob simply
        deals in retail catalogue sales, as well as Eastern National (NPS
        bookstores).

        Bob's website for Morningside is another good source for his books as
        well.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003
          I believe you're right, Sam.

          It's not a matter of exclusivity, but as I pointed out before, a
          matter of distribution choices.

          Morningside's Web site, BTW, is at:

          http://www.morningsidebooks.com/

          Dave

          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, SDE80@a... wrote:
          > In a message dated 12/31/02 4:20:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          > Aurelie1999@a... writes:
          >

          > > I do believe the reason is that the Shiloh bookstore retains all
          > > distribution rights to the revised edition. Its the only place
          it is sold.

          > I don't think that's right. Seems like I recall seeing it at
          Chickamauga's
          > bookstore. Lee White, don't they have it there?
          >
          > Sam Elliott
        • Daniel Moran
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003

            I’ve got a copy on my shelf here, however, strangely enough, I bought it at Pittsburg Landing back in 1987.  Can’t be much help.  Can’t you get it from Amazon?

            I do believe the reason is that the Shiloh bookstore retains all distribution rights to the revised edition.  Its the only place it is sold.

            I don't think that's right.  Seems like I recall seeing it at Chickamauga's bookstore.  Lee White, don't they have it there?

            Sam Elliott

          • tmix
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003

              I do not believe so. tm

            • hank9174 <clarkc@missouri.edu>
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
                abebooks.com has been invaluable for recently adding books to my
                library. Classics, newer editions and hard-to-find volumes are all
                there...

                HankC

                --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Moran" <moxley1@e...>
                wrote:
                > I've got a copy on my shelf here, however, strangely enough, I
                bought it
                > at Pittsburg Landing back in 1987. Can't be much help. Can't you
                get
                > it from Amazon?

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=241773.2725424.4169802.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=17
                05

                126278:HM/A=1389613/R=0/*http:/www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt/text/0,,HGTV
                _3
                > 936_5799,FF.html> HGTV Dream Home Giveaway

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=241773.2725424.4169802.1925585/D=egr
                ou