Blue lady more on Hood

  • Stephen D Wakefield
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2000
      Dear bluelady-
      I reread your post and realized I think I failed to fully address your
      question.
      By posting Hood's own words I was suggesting that it was really up to us to
      read this explanation and I suppose take it at face value as to what he was
      thinking. That of course then opens up the inquiry for each person
      individually to decide all kinds of questions--Some which immediately come
      to my mind

      1. Was Hood trying to relive the GREAT MOMENT of his personal advancement
      the highly acclaimed assault of the Texas Brigade at Gaines Mill?
      2. Was Hood trying to re-teach the 1864 wily veterans (survivors?)of the AoT
      the value of the wild offensive assaults that had been so successful in
      1862?
      3.Was he just trying to recapture the benefits that the buggling the day
      before had lost?
      4. Are any of these explanations those of a rational Army commander?
      5. Are these explanations those of a mental midget? a emotionally or
      physically healthy person?
      AoT
    • Stephen D Wakefield