Re: a little Off Topic but interesting

  • melchizedek22 <richthofen@buckeyeinet.co
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2002
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Aurelie1999@a... wrote:

      > In a message dated 12/18/02 5:19:08 PM, richthofen@b... writes:
      >
      > << I get a Sherman newsletter called Cump& Co.
      > in the latest issue they had something I found interesting.
      > The Shawnee Tribe has issued a Tecumseh Silver Dollar
      > first coin ever issued by a native American tribe.
      > I got one, very nice.
      > anybody interested call 1-800-472-6327
      > www.pandaamerica.com >>
      >
      > But isn't the commemoration to honor the original Tecumseh rather than Uncle
      > Billy?
      >
      > Connie

      Yes thats why its a little off topic,but maybe not,when you read
      the first chapter of Sherman's memoirs(2nd edition)
      he tells Ohio history,from Tecumseh"s point of view,from the
      time Shermans father comes to Lancaster,till The Battle of
      the Thames(where Tecumseh was killed) then he goes back
      to Sherman family history,telling how he got the name Tecumseh
      subliminally infering that he was Tecumseh! The Baron