[civilwarwest] Shotgun on Deck (Ironplate)

  • Pete & Joan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 1999
      What a unique and inovative idea to create a cyber Western Civil War round
      table!!! pull up a Box o'Hardtackl and swig yer grog lads. Tis the what
      we(the Western Theatre buffs)have fumed,pined,and gnashed our teeth for....
      a chance to state our case for the Western Theatre's contribution to the
      Civil War The Western Theatre is overlooked, Hardly mentioned much less
      written on by the big-wig "historians" everybody is so goo-goo-gaa-gaa over
      the eastern campaigns not trying to take away from the sacrifice made..But,
      let us also look at Island number 10,Nashville,Franklin,Memphis,Forts Henry
      and Donalson.Major River flotilla battles between the River Defense
      Force(reb)and the Western Gunboat Flotilla(union) These took many
      lives,vessels and private property look at the almost greek tradgedy- like
      battle of Shiloh the sweeping epic- like siege of Vicksburg! Shotgun, Xan
      and Ks have taken the earth-works with this CWWT site! We must take
      advantage of this oppertunity to show the site management that this site is
      open and SUPPORTED BY ALL OF US to bring to light the Western efforts of
      our boys in blue and butternut..............
    • Pete & Joan