Re: [civilwarwest] Reply to Addison Hart re "Old Joe"

  • thecoys@together.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000

      George Butler wrote:

      <snip>
      Did you know the only outdoor statue of "old Joe" is at Dalton,Ga ?
      After a visit to Chickamauga in July, I visited Dalton to see it.
      Have pictures of it, if anyone is interested.

      Rock on

      Just thought I would mention that MajGen. William S. Rosecrans does not have a statue, anywhere.

      Kevin S. Coy

    • thecoys@together.net

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
          Kevin,

          At 16:23 9/1/00 -0400, you wrote:

          > Just thought I would mention that MajGen. William S. Rosecrans does not
          >have a statue, anywhere.

          There should be one at Tullahoma. The battle was an authentic masterpiece.
          I guess in the meantime we can remember Rosecrans with some more respect.

          Greetings,

          Bob Redman
        • Bob Redman
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
            Kevin,

            At 16:23 9/1/00 -0400, you wrote:

            > Just thought I would mention that MajGen. William S. Rosecrans does not
            >have a statue, anywhere.

            There should be one at Tullahoma. The battle was an authentic masterpiece.
            I guess in the meantime we can remember Rosecrans with some more respect.

            Greetings,

            Bob Redman
          • Don Plezia
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
              Yeah! I'd like to see it!

              Don Plezia

              Cordially,

              D. W. Plezia
              > > Did you know the only outdoor statue of "old Joe" is at Dalton,Ga ?
              > > After a visit to Chickamauga in July, I visited Dalton to see it.
              > > Have pictures of it, if anyone is interested.
              > >
              > > Rock on
              >
              > Just thought I would mention that MajGen. William S. Rosecrans does
              not have
              > a statue, anywhere.
              >
              > Kevin S. Coy

            • Don Plezia
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
                Yeah! I'd like to see it!

                Don Plezia

                Cordially,

                D. W. Plezia

              • jaaah@tbcnet.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 5, 2000

                  > George Butler wrote:
                  >
                  > > <snip>
                  > > Did you know the only outdoor statue of "old Joe" is at Dalton,Ga ?
                  > > After a visit to Chickamauga in July, I visited Dalton to see it.
                  > > Have pictures of it, if anyone is interested.

                  Wow, that'd be interesting, never seen a photograph of the statue of a personal favorite (Yes,
                  Mousier Redman), Joseph Eggleston Johnston.

                  All my best,
                  Addison Hart,
                  jaaah@...

                • jaaah@tbcnet.com