Re: CW News Article

  • Dave Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2002
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., "aot1952" <aot1952@y...> wrote:
      > Basecat-
      > Unfortunately I have not had an opportunity to read the article to
      > which you refer. Over the last few years I have joined alot of
      > internet groups and chat sites. Sadly, almost all after a little
      > while have proven to me to be pretty much a waste of time and
      space.

      Actually, this was a major reason for why I wrote the article the way
      I did. Back in 1995, there weren't decent, "sort of" moderated
      groups like this. The "SOC" group of Usenet newsgroups were
      moderated (and still are) but their charters were often times too
      emcompassing. This kind of group reminds me of the "Three Bears"
      story, with the group being as "just right" as we can hope for.

      Less commercial advertising would be nice, but heck - we can't hve
      everything ...

      Dave

      Dave Smith
      Villa Hills, KY