Re: [civilwarwest] Points in Defense of Felix K. Zollicoffer?

  • Don Myers
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2000
      Addison,

      I am very interested in early Western battles. I am sorry to admit that I
      also had a possibly wrong mis-conception about Zollicoffer. I had not known
      about these other battles. Can you give me pages/volume in the O.R.'s that
      I can look them up. I had the impression that Zollicoffer was a political
      General based on his newspaper. I had formed my judgements on him based on
      the loss at Camp Wildcat, and then apparently not following orders by
      placing his camp on the North side of the Cumberland. Please tell us
      more.........
      Don Myers.
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
        > Addison,
        >
        > I am very interested in early Western battles.

        So am I. I am currently writing a three volume history of the first year of the War.

        > I am sorry to admit that I
        > also had a possibly wrong mis-conception about Zollicoffer. I had not known
        > about these other battles. Can you give me pages/volume in the O.R.'s that
        > I can look them up. I had the impression that Zollicoffer was a political
        > General based on his newspaper. I had formed my judgements on him based on
        > the loss at Camp Wildcat, and then apparently not following orders by
        > placing his camp on the North side of the Cumberland. Please tell us
        > more.........
        > Don Myers.

        Don: with OR, your guess is as good as mine. I don't currently own the ORs. Sorry. Is there
        a way I can post my article on the WTDG?

        All my best,
        Addison Hart,
        jaaah@...

      • jaaah@tbcnet.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
            As far as posting the article, I would love to read it, but someone in the
            group more computer literate than me will have to tell you how.........
            The O.R's are on line now, from Cornell University. But it is very rough
            going when trying to find specific information the way the indexes are set
            up. I'll make it my Labor Day mission in down time to try and find the
            info.
            Don Myers