Re: [civilwarwest] Armistice Dad Veterans Day Rememberance Day

  • Kristin Scherrer
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 10, 2002

      Thankyou for your service, sir!  I think it is sad how so many veterans get over looked and taken for granted, as they are true heroes!  They either did put their lives on the line, or were willing to, for something we take all too often for granted: our freedom!  Thankyou and God bless you!

      Kristin

       moonshiner824@... wrote:

      I want to thank all the veterans for thier sacrafices they have made for our
      freedom that we enjoy today---My dad fought in WW-2 from D-Day in Europe to
      the Philippines till japan and gremany surrendered----God Bless The U.S.A.-
      Everyone have a safe and good Veterans Day-- I spent one tour of duty in Nam
      myself

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • moonshiner824@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 10, 2002
        <PRE>Kristin--You dont have to thank me --it was just my duty to god and
        country--I volenteered to go--i was just an ordinary farm boy at the
        time--and if i could do it again i most certainly would--but i thank you for
        the thought --but the ones that didnt get back are the ones who i thank from
        the bottom of my heart--tomorrow im representing 3 different wars--the civil
        war as a re-enactor--WW2 for my dad and the other oneswho fought and died and
        viet nam my war--im puttin flags out for all that i can--ill be in a reb
        uniform representing the 5th-Texas Co."D" I salute you too my dear------Jim
        Reed
      • Kristin Scherrer
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 10, 2002

          I definitly agree with you in honoring those that never came home and also the families who were greeted with a telegram, or wooden box at their front door.

          As Teddy Roosvelt said, "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who point out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred with the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither knew victory and defeat."

          God bless your father sir, and God bless those honorable Texans!:)

          Kristin

           moonshiner824@... wrote:

          <PRE>Kristin--You dont have to thank me --it was just my duty to god and
          country--I volenteered to go--i was just an ordinary farm boy at the
          time--and if i could do it again i most certainly would--but i thank you for
          the thought --but the ones that didnt get back are the ones who i thank from
          the bottom of my heart--tomorrow im representing  3 different wars--the civil
          war as a re-enactor--WW2 for my dad and the other oneswho fought and died and
          viet nam my war--im puttin flags out for all that i can--ill be in a reb
          uniform representing the 5th-Texas Co."D" I salute you too my dear------Jim
          Reed

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • James Fish
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 14, 2002

             moonshiner824@... wrote:

            <PRE>Kristin--You dont have to thank me --it was just my duty to god and
            country--I volenteered to go--i was just an ordinary farm boy at the
            time--and if i could do it again i most certainly would--but i thank you for
            the thought --but the ones that didnt get back are the ones who i thank from
            the bottom of my heart--tomorrow im representing  3 different wars--the civil
            war as a re-enactor--WW2 for my dad and the other oneswho fought and died and
            viet nam my war--im puttin flags out for all that i can--ill be in a reb
            uniform representing the 5th-Texas Co."D" I salute you too my dear------Jim
            Reed

            Do you Yahoo!?

            May GOD bless all veterans,living and deceased.Blue /Gray , From the AM REV through the present day.Bless even our enemies who were/are coerced by their governments to fight against us and our allies.

            But a special blessing to US Veterans on our veterans Day.

            Do you Yahoo!?