Re: [civilwarwest] Re: HOOKING - Slaves fighting for the Confederacy

  • Jfepperson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2002
      While I respect the moderators wishes, I would like to add
      my small voice of dissent to their decision. This is an issue
      about which a great deal of mis-information exists, and one
      which in my experience can be discussed w/o the flamage so
      often associated with slavery and "causes" issues. I would
      have preferred that the moderators disciplined individual
      posters as (if) they got out of line, or reined in the
      discussion if it wandered East. But, to repeat, I will
      respect their decision and simply wanted to voice my
      dissent in this single post.

      However, it must be said that most of the "evidence" that
      I am familiar with (on either side) does come from The
      Other Theatre <g>, and so would be off-topic on those grounds.
      JFE