Re: Slaves fighting for Confederacy

  • slippymississippi
    Message 1 of 49 , Nov 1, 2002
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., lilsteve68@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 10/31/02 2:13:17 PM Central Standard Time,
      > Aurelie1999@a... writes:
      >
      > > What unit or units? How could they serve as armed soldiers when
      arming a
      > > black person was illegal and raising black troops was turned down
      by the
      > > administration/congress several times until March of 1865?
      > >
      > > Connie
      >
      > Interesting bit of info here from the Tennessee State Library and
      Archives :

      [snip names]

      Still no proof that these men were ever CSA combatants. And even if
      they were CSA combatants, we still have more documented names of
      Jewish soldiers fighting in the German Wehrmacht.
    • Dick Weeks
      Message 49 of 49 , Nov 1, 2002
        This subject has been hooked. Trust me, I will see no more of it.

        Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
        http://www.civilwarhome.com