Re: [civilwarwest] Re: HOOKING - Slaves fighting for the Confederacy

  • hvonbork@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2002
      Shotgun and Pat-
           Thank you for your appropriate timing.
                     Jack
    • Dick Weeks
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2002
        Wayne, I would remind you that once a subject has been "hooked" neither that subject nor its reason for being hooked is open for discussion in the group.  If you would like to challenge a moderator's hooking a subject please do so by private email. I took the liberty in my previous email, which I don't normally do,  to explain why subjects like that are not permitted.  I'm not going to disagree that subjects such as these need to be discussed, they just aren't going to be discussed in this group.

        Glad to hear about the surgery going well.  I can't speak for "golf" withdrawal but I am certainly having battlefield withdrawal.  It rained almost the entire month of October here in the battlefield country of Northern Virginia and October is the month that I like to stomp the fields the most.  It is no longer too hot to enjoy it nor has it turned cold yet.  Also, Belle Boyd, my chocolate lab, gets a bit cranky when she don't get to go.  I think the "unfinished railroad" at Manassas is her favorite.  She's not too wild about Antietam because I won't let her swim in the creek.  She just gets too "stinky" for that long ride home when she goes swimming.

        Folks, I hope I am clear about the discussions in the group.

        Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2002
          While I respect the moderators wishes, I would like to add
          my small voice of dissent to their decision. This is an issue
          about which a great deal of mis-information exists, and one
          which in my experience can be discussed w/o the flamage so
          often associated with slavery and "causes" issues. I would
          have preferred that the moderators disciplined individual
          posters as (if) they got out of line, or reined in the
          discussion if it wandered East. But, to repeat, I will
          respect their decision and simply wanted to voice my
          dissent in this single post.

          However, it must be said that most of the "evidence" that
          I am familiar with (on either side) does come from The
          Other Theatre <g>, and so would be off-topic on those grounds.
          JFE