Book Sale!!

  • Bill Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2002
      Hi!

          With the kind permission of Dick "Shotgun" Weeks, I would like to pass some information to the esteemed readership.
      CIVIL WAR TITLES

      New from the Historical Publications Section, Office of Archives and History, The Civil War in Coastal North Carolina by John S. Carbone. For other Civil War titles visit:  www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/sections/hp/catalog/civwar.htm

      To peruse the entire selection of titles visit: www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/sections/hp

      HALF-PRICE SALE ON N.C. RESEARCH GUIDES

       For those interested in North Carolina's rich history, southern history, or genealogy, the Historical Publications Section of the
       N.C. Office of Archives and History offers a variety of resources.

       Guide to Research Materials in the North Carolina State Archives: County Records contains a list of the original
       and microfilmed records for each North Carolina county housed in the State Archives as of May 1, 1997. This guide usually sells for $15.00, but is now available at a special price of $7.50 plus $4.49 for tax and shipping.

      Guide to Private Manuscript Collections in the North Carolina State Archives describes private papers, microfilmed
       private papers, and account books received in the State Archives through June 1, 1979. This guide usually sells for $25.00, but is now available at a special price of $12.50 plus $4.81 for tax and shipping.

      The North Carolina Historical Review: Fifty-Year  Index, 1924-1973, and in 1989 published The North Carolina Historical Review: Supplement to Fifty-Year Index,  1974-1983. These two volumes together offer cumulative indexes to authors and titles of articles; subjects, names, and  places mentioned in articles; and books reviewed in every issue of the Review from 1924 through 1983. The two cumulative
       indexes to the North Carolina Historical Review, both of which are paperbound and regularly sell for $30.00 each, are
       now on sale at the special price of $30.00 for both volumes plus $6.70 for tax and shipping.

      For ordering information visit our website:  www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/sections/hp/

      Regards,
      Bill Brown

      William H. (Bill) Brown
      Editor II, Governors' Documentaries
      Historical Publications Section (Office of Archives and History)

      "Opinions expressed in this message may not represent the policy of my agency."
      "E-Mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public business, is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.