[civilwarwest] John Bell Hood

  • Nonums@aol.com
    Message 1 of 136 , Oct 22, 1999
      Hood's life has, to me, always been an enigma resembling a Shakespearean
      plot. His outstanding success as a Division commander contrasts tragically
      with his performance in the West.
      After the war he fathered twelve children, half of whom died along with
      his wife and himself due to the fever.
      My question is; What happened to the surviving children? Were they
      adopted by members of the Texas Brigade,the people of New Orleans, or, did
      they simply disappear into History's mist ?
      Any information would be appreciated.
    • Tom Mix
      Message 136 of 136 , Mar 4, 2004

        No doubt about that, Steve.