Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Interesting article on CW

  • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 242 , Oct 2, 2002
      In a message dated 10/1/2002 2:46:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kywddavid@... writes:

      According to Carl Sandburg's biography, Lincoln wanted
      Nevada admitted as a state because its voters were
      staunchly republican and Lincoln could count on the
      state of Nevada ratifying an amendment to the
      Constitution outlawing slavery.

      One only has to remember that Nevada was highly explored and settled by conservative Mormans.   No wonder they went towards the Republicans.

      Wayne
    • Bob Huddleston
      Message 242 of 242 , Nov 2, 2002
        A good reason why any published OR quotation needs to be cross checked
        against the hard bound!

        Guild Press is excellent at accepting typos found in their CD. Send them
        to typo@...

        Guild Press has done a fantastic job in catching typos, although a few
        slipped through. When cross-checked, I find that they were in cases
        where the original was printed lightly or blurred.

        BTW, I am always amazed at how few typos there are in the original ORs!
        Boy, those folk had great spell-checkers on their typesetters!

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street