RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Interesting article on CW

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 242 , Oct 2, 2002

      One slight correction to your post: it should read “white Southerners” and “the white South.”

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
      303.451.6376  Huddleston.r@...

      IMHO, it was Reconstruction that brought upon the hatred of the North by the South a lot more than the war itself.  At least during the war and following, troops that fought felt a strong comraderie between for each other, but the South as a whole, felt nothing but contempt for the North.
      In many ways, that contempt is still felt and expressed today.
      Wayne

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Bob Huddleston
      Message 242 of 242 , Nov 2, 2002
        A good reason why any published OR quotation needs to be cross checked
        against the hard bound!

        Guild Press is excellent at accepting typos found in their CD. Send them
        to typo@...

        Guild Press has done a fantastic job in catching typos, although a few
        slipped through. When cross-checked, I find that they were in cases
        where the original was printed lightly or blurred.

        BTW, I am always amazed at how few typos there are in the original ORs!
        Boy, those folk had great spell-checkers on their typesetters!

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street