Re: [civilwarwest] Re: washburne and grant

  • Aurelie1999@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2002
      In a message dated 10/1/02 10:17:15 AM, ltcpataylor@... writes:

      << Probably the most telling indication of Washburn's lack of abilities
      and Grant's recognition of this was the fact that MG Wilson who had
      been a Lieutenant Colonel during the early days of the Vicksburg
      Overland Campaign under Grant was selected to lead the Cavalry Corps
      as opposed to C.C. Washburn who was a senior Major General in the
      theater at the time. >>

      Goes to show that Bob Uecker's philosophy in Catcher in the Wry for staying
      in the game was right-on. If you are mediocre no one pays much attention and
      you slide by.

      Thanks for the outline Pete. Good thing for my mother, the quintessential
      apple pie mom who always insisted on Gold Medal Flour didn't care about Cad's
      CW prowess, she only cared about the cake coming out perfect.

      Connie
    • carlw4514
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2002
        Now wait a minute, we country-music/bluegrass fans happen to know
        there is a way to make better biscuits, cakes and pies:
        MARTHA WHITE!