Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Interesting article on CW

  • herpvetminson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 242 , Sep 30, 2002
      thanks for the info, I was wondering what involvement (if any) California had in the CW. Now for a more speculative question. Sibely sent an expedition from Texas into New Mexico and Arizona, were there enough men stationed in the western frontier post to pose a threat to the Western borders of Texas? I presume that's what Sibley was trying to determine.

      Comments anyone?
    • Bob Huddleston
      Message 242 of 242 , Nov 2, 2002
        A good reason why any published OR quotation needs to be cross checked
        against the hard bound!

        Guild Press is excellent at accepting typos found in their CD. Send them
        to typo@...

        Guild Press has done a fantastic job in catching typos, although a few
        slipped through. When cross-checked, I find that they were in cases
        where the original was printed lightly or blurred.

        BTW, I am always amazed at how few typos there are in the original ORs!
        Boy, those folk had great spell-checkers on their typesetters!

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street