Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Interesting article on CW

  • Mary Hawthorne
    Message 1 of 242 , Sep 28, 2002
      Just a thought here.  For as big an effort Burn's put into that series, many things were omitted.  Some of the facts were skewed. And , IMHO, his angle in telling the story had a significant slide toward racism than and today, using this story as a jumping off point into the discussion of racism.

      But one thing I think all will agree on; this series got more people interested in studying the Civil War in recent years that any other broadcast.

      Respectfully yours,
      bluelady (Mary Hawthorne)
      Message 242 of 242 , Nov 2, 2002
        A good reason why any published OR quotation needs to be cross checked
        against the hard bound!

        Guild Press is excellent at accepting typos found in their CD. Send them
        to typo@...

        Guild Press has done a fantastic job in catching typos, although a few
        slipped through. When cross-checked, I find that they were in cases
        where the original was printed lightly or blurred.

        BTW, I am always amazed at how few typos there are in the original ORs!
        Boy, those folk had great spell-checkers on their typesetters!

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street