Interesting article on CW

  • M. E. Heatherington
    Message 1 of 242 , Sep 27, 2002
      The 09/30/02 issue of "U.S. News & World Report," of all unlikely sources,
      has a most interesting essay by Andrew Curry on recent changes in CW
      studies, as manifested particularly at NPS sites. Its focus is on
      Gettysburg, but its application is nationwide. The on-line version may be
      found at <http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/020930/misc/30civil.htm>
      It is long (7 printed pages) but well worth your attention, I believe.

      Regards,
      Madelon Heatherington
      North Carolina

    • Bob Huddleston
      Message 242 of 242 , Nov 2, 2002
        A good reason why any published OR quotation needs to be cross checked
        against the hard bound!

        Guild Press is excellent at accepting typos found in their CD. Send them
        to typo@...

        Guild Press has done a fantastic job in catching typos, although a few
        slipped through. When cross-checked, I find that they were in cases
        where the original was printed lightly or blurred.

        BTW, I am always amazed at how few typos there are in the original ORs!
        Boy, those folk had great spell-checkers on their typesetters!

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street