Re: Best Western Theater Books

  • Dave Smith
    Message 1 of 59 , Sep 13 7:03 PM
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., "Kelly S Jones" <Sabers8th@s...> wrote:
      > six armies in Tennessee by Steven Woodworth is another really good
      book, as well as Grant Wins the War by James Arnold.

      You're kidding about the Woodworth book, right? :-)

      Bragg and Longstreet. Revision meets Eckenrode and Conrad ...

      On the other hand, my question was geared towards books more globally
      oriented to the Western Theater. These two books are campaign
      oriented, and in the Arnold case, more Federal / Vicksburg oriented.

      I was looking for works that encompass a broader range.

      Dave

      Dave Smith
      Villa Hills, KY
    • melchizedek22
      Message 59 of 59 , Sep 19 2:36 PM
        --- In civilwarwest@y..., FLYNSWEDE@A... wrote:
        > In a message dated 9/19/2002 2:14:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        > meheatherington@h... writes:
        >

        > > Madelon H.
        > > with egg on her face
        > >

        > Madelon,
        > Methinks that the egg is hard boiled not raw
        >
        > Wayne

        I disagree,I don't think she has egg on her face at all
        but hit the nail on the head! The Baron